GenerateWP provides user-friendly tools for developers to create advanced systems built on WordPress.
Writing your own code takes time, with plugins you never know if it stays in active development or not. GenerateWP reduce development time and provides high quality code built using the latest WordPress standards.
- Choose your generator.
- Fill out the user-friendly form.
- Click the "Update Code" button.
- Copy the code to your theme/plugin.
- wp-config.php Generator - Create custom code for wp-config.php file.
- Taxonomy Generator - Create custom code for Taxonomies using register_taxonomy() function.
- Post Type Generator - Create custom code for Post Types using register_post_type() function.
- Post Status Generator - Create custom code for Post Status using register_post_status() function.
- Sidebar Generator - Create custom code for Sidebars using register_sidebar() function.
- Menu Generator - Create custom code for Navigation Menus using register_nav_menus() function.
- Theme Support Generator - Create custom code for Theme Features using add_theme_support() function.
- Shortcodes Generator - Create custom code for Shortcodes using add_shortcode() function.
There are few more generators under development and more planned on the way. The final goal is to provide 10-15 WordPress generators.
GenerateWP developed by Rami Yushuvaev an entrepreneur, web developer, blogger (wp-tricks.co.il), WordPress codex contributer and responsible for the release of the Hebrew (he_IL) WordPress edition (he.WordPress.org).
- January 15, 2013 - Site launched with 5 tools - Taxonomy Generator, Post Type Generator, Post Status Generator, Sidebar Generator and Menu Generator.
- January 27, 2013 - Added "child theme support" and "editable function name".
- January 28, 2013 - Theme Support Generator was introduced.
- February 8, 2013 - 'wp-config.php' Generator was introduced.
- February 16, 2013 - Shortcodes Generator was introduced.